Deadlines & Timelines
- Conference registration deadline: May 5 at 5:00pm
- Online testing: May 9-20
- Winners announced via live stream: May 25
- FREE for MA FBLA members
- All participants must be registered members of FBLA — dues are $15 and must be paid prior to registering for competition
- Advisers do not need to register or pay
Each paid member registered for the competition may compete in a maximum of any five online competitive events, which can be taken by the member at any time during the testing window. A proctor is not needed this year. Tests are open book and open notes.
The following competitive events will be offered as part of the 2022 competition. For more information on these events, see the Competitive Events page.
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Business
- Personal Finance
- Sports & Entertainment Management*
* = individual or team event. If registering as a team, each team member should take the online exam independently and scores will be averaged to determine the winner. All other events are individual only.
- Before registering, please review the full instructions (PDF)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Members must be registered in myFBLA in order to show up in the conference registration module. Systems are synchronized each morning around 6:00 a.m. Members entered after this time will need to wait until the following day to appear in the conference registration module.
- Step 1: Enter all attendees (including members and advisers)
- NOTE: Membership lists are pulled from myFBLA. Students must be registered as an FBLA member in order to participate in the competition. It may take up to 24 hours for the conference registration system to download member data.
- Step 2: Select competitions for each member
- This can be sorted by event or student. To add multiple individuals or teams to the same event, enter them one at a time then save and enter the next individual or team. Please check to make sure individuals/teams are set up correctly. Each attendee may only participate in up to FIVE events.
- Step 3: Enter other required information
- Step 4: Submit registration and generate invoice
- Step 5: Pay via credit card (fees apply) or mail invoice and payment to address listed on invoice (MUST BE RECEIVED BY DEADLINE)
- If you do not know your login credentials, please contact the state advisers.
- All students must be dues-paid FBLA members to participate in the competition. Submit dues to the national office.
- If you are not an active chapter and wish to participate in the competition, start a chapter today.