Are you a student at a college or university in Massachusetts? Are you interested in being a part of the world’s largest student business organization?
Join the collegiate division of Future Business Leaders of America today!
Phi Beta Lambda is the collegiate division of Future Business Leaders of America, the world’s oldest and largest student business organization. We have over 250,000 members across the country participating in our innovative career and leadership development programs such as competitive events, conferences, community service, networking, and officer training.
FBLA-PBL is currently activating collegiate chapters in schools across Massachusetts. If you are interested in starting or joining a chapter, follow these steps:
1. Request a Chapter Organization Packet. Fill out a short form to get the process started. This packet will give you more information about the process of starting a chapter and will allow us to contact you to offer assistance.
2. Find an adviser. Many collegiate chapters are run by its members, but you’ll need to identify a staff or faculty member to serve as your adviser. Depending on your school’s policy, this person can usually be either a full-time staff member or instructor/professor—those who teach a business class are preferred, but they can teach any subject or even work in administration.
3. Recruit members and officers. Hold a meeting at your school to inform your classmates about PBL. Explain the benefits and your plans for the year. Be sure to bring a sign-up sheet for those interested in joining.
4. Collect dues and register your chapter. Follow the instructions in your Chapter Organization Packet to register your chapter online. You will need to collect dues of $20 per member and submit it to the FBLA-PBL National Office.
5. Get recognized by your student activities group. Many schools require approval to become an official student organization on campus. Research the process for your school and be sure to follow it. In many cases, this will be beneficial to access school resources, including receiving funding for events.