The Non-Stop November program encourages chapters to participate in World Prematurity Awareness Month (for the March of Dimes) and American Enterprise Day. Participants are recognized at the State Leadership Conference and receive ribbons at the National Leadership Conference. In order to participate, chapters complete two required tasks and three out of eight optional tasks.
Below is the full list of these tasks:
- Required. Create a committee to focus on developing a March of Dimes Project or an American Enterprise Project. (Upload name of members, upload a picture of members, and upload one committee meeting agenda.)
- Required. Have fundraiser/awareness event for the March of Dimes or an event to celebrate or create awareness for our American free enterprise system. (Upload a press release and a photo.)
- Have at least one member attend the National Fall Leadership Conference. (Upload a copy of a press release and a picture of members attending the NFLC.)
- Tour a local business. (Upload a picture of members at the business and 100-word summary from one of your members about what they learned.)
- Prepare a flyer promoting American Enterprise Day (November 15) or World Prematurity Day (November 17). (Upload a picture of one of your members with a flyer that they prepared.)
- Light your school up in purple to celebrate World Prematurity Day on November 17. (Upload a photo a copy of a press release.)
- Create a skit about the American Enterprise System and have members present it to an elementary school class. Then have an essay contest or coloring contest that reinforces our free market system or what job that they would like to do when they grow up. (Upload a 100-word description of the project and a photo.)
- Have your chapter members wear purple on November 17 in honor of World Prematurity Day. (Upload a photo of your members wearing purple.)
- Invite a local March of Dimes representative to speak to your chapter. (Upload a photo and a 300-word reflection on the impact the visit had on your chapter members and include any ideas or future plans to support the March of Dimes.)
- Invite a businessperson to speak at a local chapter meeting or event. (Upload a copy of the invitation, a photo of the businessperson at the meeting, and a copy of the bio used to introduce him/her.)
Entries must be submitted online at http://web.fbla-pbl.org/nonstop. The deadline to submit is December 10 at 5pm.