The 2020 National Leadership Experience (NLE) will be a virtual event in place of the traditional National Leadership Conference (NLC) due to the continued impact of COVID-19. We hope that all members and advisers will consider participating in this virtual event which will include general sessions, national officer elections, leadership workshops and content, and competitive events with cash awards to the top winners. This will be a much more immersive experience than the Digital SLC offered in Massachusetts this year.
All members and advisers of Massachusetts FBLA are eligible to participate in this year’s NLE. In order to be eligible to compete, each member must have been registered and paid dues by April 1, 2020 and submit an enrollment request by May 24.
To access NLE content, visit fbla-nlc.org.
How to Register
Competitive event enrollment is closed. Members and advisers can still register for the NLE to participate in the virtual sessions and workshops. To register, call the national center at 703-860-5228 (M-F, 8am-6pm).
Members must register for the conference and pay the $65 registration fee directly to National FBLA. This registration fee includes all conference virtual sessions and content, as well as one competitive event (if enrolled by May 24).
Advisers who wish to participate are not required to pay a registration fee, however they must register for the conference to receive access to conference virtual sessions and content.
- May 11: Registration opens
- May 17: Priority enrollment deadline for pre-qualified competitive events
- May 23: Performance event videos and pre-judged materials submission deadline
- May 24: Final deadline to enroll in competitive events
- June 1-3: Testing window for Future Business Leader
- June 1-9: Testing window for all role play events
- June 1-26: Testing window for all other objective test events
- June 3: Production test submission deadline
- June 24: Last day to register for NLE (if not participating in competitive events)
- June 29 – July 1: National Leadership Experience
Members of Massachusetts FBLA who paid dues by April 1, 2020 are eligible to compete in one individual or team event as part of the National Leadership Experience. Enrollment requests must be submitted by May 24. Members may not have competed in the same event at a previous NLC. The event should be selected from one of the two options below:
Any paid member is eligible to participate in these events, which consist of an online test consisting of approximately 100 multiple choice questions. These tests will be taken at home using secure online testing software. Pre-qualification at the state level is NOT required for these events.
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Business Calculations
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Computer Problem Solving
- Cyber Security
- Health Care Administration
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Introduction to Business*
- Introduction to Business Communication*
- Introduction to Business Procedures*
- Introduction to FBLA*
- Introduction to Financial Math*
- Introduction to Information Technology*
- Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure*
- Networking Concepts
- Organizational Leadership
- Personal Finance
- Political Science
- Securities & Investments
* Introduction events are only available to grades 9 and 10
Participation in all other competitive events will initially be limited to those who placed at the State Leadership Conference (SLC). Priority is given to FBLA members who register for these events by May 17. After that date, any FBLA member who meets competitive event requirements may register for these events. For a full list of these events, visit the NLE microsite and scroll down to the “DIGITAL COMPETITIVE EVENTS FOR 2020 NLE” section. Pre-qualified events are all event types except Individual Objective Test Events.