The 2021 National Leadership Conference (NLC) will be a virtual event due to the continued impact of COVID-19. We hope that all members and advisers will consider participating in this virtual event which will include general sessions, national officer elections, leadership workshops and content, and competitive events with cash awards to the top winners. This will be a much more immersive experience than the virtual State Leadership Conference offered in Massachusetts this year.
All members and advisers of Massachusetts FBLA are eligible to participate in this year’s NLC. In order to be eligible to compete, each member must have participated in a competitive event at the State Leadership Conference and submit an enrollment request by May 7.
To access NLC content and further information, visit fbla-nlc.org. Please note that state deadlines and information supersede any differing information listed on the national website.
How to Register
The registration process consists of three steps, all of which must be completed by May 7:
- STEP 1: Conference registration through national office — all members and advisers
- STEP 2: Submit $65 registration fee to the national office — all members
- Pay by credit card through myFBLA (can be done by adviser or each member individually)
- Call the national center to pay by credit card: 703-860-5228 (M-F, 8am-6pm)
- STEP 3: Competitive event enrollment through the state office — members who wish to participate in competitive events
Members must register for the conference and pay the $65 registration fee directly to National FBLA. This registration fee includes all conference virtual sessions and content, as well as one competitive event (if enrolled by May 24).
Advisers who wish to participate are not required to pay a registration fee, however they must register for the conference to receive access to conference virtual sessions and content.
- April 15: Registration opens
- May 7: Deadline to register for the NLC (if competing) and submit competitive competitive event enrollment request
- May 9: Performance event videos and pre-judged materials submission deadline
- TBD: Testing window for objective test events
- TBD: Last day to register for NLE (if not participating in competitive events)
- TBD: National Leadership Experience
Members of Massachusetts FBLA who competed at the 2021 State Leadership Conference are eligible to compete in one individual or team event as part of the National Leadership Experience. Enrollment requests must be submitted by May 7. Members may not have competed in the same event at a previous NLC. In addition to this event, members may also participate in one open event.
Participation in the traditional competitive events is limited to those who participated in the 2021 State Leadership Conference (SLC). Priority is given to FBLA members who placed in the top four at the SLC, however members may switch events from SLC to NLC based on availability. For a full list of competitive events offered at the NLC, visit the NLC website. Pre-qualified events are all event types except Open Events.
Any registered NLC attendee is eligible to participate in one of these events (in addition to another competitive event)